This past long weekend served as a moment to observe the crucifixion & resurrection of The Most High. It was also a moment where some people were trying to be the most high themselves.
The D Day 420 Party has been going on for 7 years. This year’s party is themed the D Day Cannival. Val Bonne Country Estate in Modderfontein was the HQ from noon to 10pm. And to keep with the one-in-nature theme of last year’s 420 Party, there was lots of grass, lots of shade and a view of the Modderfontein Reserve
There were plenty activities that one could do: games, canna market stalls, joint rolling contests, 2 music stages, info stalls, stand up comedy, free dabs or just chilling. Either way you look at it, there was something for about 3000 people to do.
There was also a raffle where the winner would win a fully paid for cannabis culture trip for 2 to California, USA with the Dagga Couple. I was gonna enter then I remembered that I have dololo passport. But it’s okay.
Unfortunately, the weather did not come to play ball but it did not threaten the festivities of the day. All in all, a mad decent place to roll up one, kick it with old friends and possibly find new friends. Corny as that may be, the herb has been connecting people before Nokia did.
Big shout out to The Dagga Couple & their sponsors, the vendors, the side entertainment, the people and the police for the dope vibes. May we see bigger and better things in 2020.
Here are some things that I learnt:
- The way to the event was a trip before the actual “trip”. So much dust it could have brought Cashtime Life back.
- It was also a trip to see people blazing nearby some police officers freely who, by the way, were very laid back and friendly.
- Tidal Waves will never have a bad set. Never.
- We live among people who can roll up a joint in 8 seconds. Amazing.
- Dewald van Rensburg was the dark horse out of all the comics, but his one liners got the crowd ripped.
- The organisers must have had a bigger budget this year as the goodie bags were in abundance.
- Soundwarmer made an interesting choice playing their version of the Game of Thrones theme song.
- There is such a thing as smoking too much: one homie of mine even had a young extensial crisis about it.
Check out some photos from the 2019 D Day courtesy of JM Goudvis Photography